Saturday, May 26, 2007

MEMORIES ARE JUST WHERE YOU LAID THEM: In an all-Idol special edition of Entertainment Weekly, they've again tried to rank the Top Ten All-Time Idol Performances, a feat they last attempted in 2005. Here goes:
  1. Carrie Underwood, "Alone" (top ten, sure. #1?)
  2. Kelly Clarkson, "Stuff Like That There"
  3. Clay Aiken, "Bridge Over Troubled Water" (Ease! Your! Mind! I still prefer That Immigrant Mouse Song)
  4. Fantasia Barrino, "Summertime" (either this or the Clarkson is my #1)
  5. Jennifer Hudson, "Weekend In New England". (I just cited this for the quintessential Idol Glory Note. Last time, the EW folks listed "Circle of Life" instead. Toss-up.)
  6. Chris Daughtry, "Hemorrhage (In My Hands)". (That's how you introduce yourself in the semis.)
  7. Melinda Doolittle, "My Funny Valentine". (Ditto. 2007's best performance?)
  8. Elliot Yamin, "A Song For You". (Odd. Where's my Constantine? Where's Bo?)
  9. Ruben Studdard, "Nights On Broadway". (No, no, no, and not just because I can only think of the Barry Gibb Talk Show when I hear it now. "Superstar".)
  10. Katharine McPhee, "Over the Rainbow". (Over "Black Horse and the Cherry Tree"?)
Most egregious omission? No Tamyra Gray, no Jordin Sparks, and I also have a soft spot for Paris Bennett's "Midnight Train To Georgia", which I think exemplifies that which Melinda was missing this season. They've also got a worst list, which I'll blog about later, but I should note that this is on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment