Friday, July 13, 2007

GARBAGE IN, GARBAGE OUT: Two weeks into the great Oakland garbage strike -- in which the two sides appear to be advised by, respectively, a North-Going Zax and a South-Going Zax -- Waste Management still is running about the worst PR campaign I've ever seen. For two straight days, they've publicly announced that they're making all the scheduled pickups. Maybe if they say it one more time, I won't even see the can full of smelly diapers that's been sitting in front of my house through two straight garbage days now, surrounded by an expanding ring of loose bags, or as I like to call them, feral cat magnets. I might actually have been predisposed to favor WM in this dispute, but lying about having fixed my problem isn't exactly making it easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment