Friday, July 13, 2007

SEE THIS SYSTEM HERE? THIS IS HI-FI, HIGH FIDELITY. WHAT THAT MEANS IS THAT IT'S THE HIGHEST QUALITY FIDELITY: In recognition of today's release of the exceedingly well-reviewed Petey Greene biopic Talk To Me (Carrie Rickey, Tony Scott, Roger Ebert), it's time to say something nice about its star, Don Cheadle, who assuredly is not as famous as he deserves to be.

I don't know that the man's ever given a bad performance, though if I had to pick a favorite it's either Maurice "Snoopy" Miller in Out of Sight, as Sammy Davis Jr. in HBO's Rat Pack biopic or as Mouse in Devil in a Blue Dress, i.e. "the one where everyone noticed him for the first time." (Okay, I haven't seen Hotel Rwanda yet, which makes me both a bad moviegoer and a bad citizen of the world, nor have I read his book on the genocide in Darfur, but his continuing activism on genocide in Africa deserves to be recognized as well.)

(Also, try to watch this duet with Adam Sandler without cracking up.)

I just like Don Cheadle, and I am happy to see him get more leading roles. You?

No comments:

Post a Comment