Friday, March 7, 2008

HERE I AM BABY -- SIGNED, SEALED, DELIVERED, I'M YOURS: I speak of Lost, of course. And by signed, I mean in the semiotic sense. And by sealed, I mean figuratively sealed up in this prison of an island. And by delivered, I mean delivered from an inspecific kind of evil, perhaps of a certain person's making, perhaps not.

Overall, an unimpressive but densely plotty episode (and yet: only one not particularly-surprising reveal), with Ben acting creepily out-of-character and the writers hastily adding sides to our love triangle. Right now I read it as a love pentagon, except that might require that Sawyer loves Ben and I'm just not there yet. And just for good measure, by the way, they added a partially-historical love square that shares a point with the pentagon. At this stage the show is just one giant love-shape-sorter, which of course means that in a couple of years when you're moving out of your house you're going to find a love trapezoid or love ellipse under the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment