- Dominance by the Washington Post (Public Service Prize for Walter Reed coverage, Breaking News Prize for Virginia Tech coverage, National Reporting Prize for Cheney coverage, International Reporting Prize for private security contractors in Iraq cover, Column Prize to Steven Pearlstein, Feature Writing Prize to Gene Weingarten for "violinist in the subway").
- Tom Batiuk recognized in editorial cartooning as a finalist for his "Lisa Dies" sequence in Funky Winkerbean.
- The Brief Wonderous Life of Oscar Wao is your fiction Pulitzer winner.
- Surprising no one, August: Osage County is your drama Pulitzer winner (some surprise in that neither In The Heights nor Passing Strange gets a finalist slot).
- "A special citation to Bob Dylan for his profound impact on popular music and American culture, marked by lyrical compositions of extraordinary poetic power."
Monday, April 7, 2008
HA HA! YOUR MEDIUM IS DYING! So, the 2008 Pulitzer Prizes are out. A few things of note:
Posted by Matt at 4:31 PM