Tuesday, May 25, 2010

BARTOWSKI'S BRISTOW CODE ANN. (2D): You all remember the original Bartowski's Rules of Greater Los Angeles Basin Spying? Just a couple of quick, spoilery addenda after the jump:
  • Any friend of a good spy who isn't a spy is evil spy bait
  • Anybody who is evil spy bait either will be killed or deputized
  • Don't forget Rules 13 and 14: "Your parents are spies, except where killed by spies"; "Parents who have been killed by spies are not dead and instead are just out spying"
And this is extra-spoilery, but did you catch the Mary Bartowski voice at the end? I guess I feel like I shouldn't give any hints, but some would say she was awesome in her last big role and abominable in her last small, high-profile role. (Unless they change actresses over the summer or I've lost my gift for voice recognition, but I'm pretty confident here.)

6 comments:

  1. lauri2:10 AM

    awww...c'mon, isaac.  don't tease us!  (and please say you thought it was sigourney weaver).  

    yes, the "everyone you know/love/meet is a spy or spy bait" has reached alias levels of craziness, but i really enjoyed the 2-hour finale.  it felt like the funny, action-packed, emotional rollercoaster of season 2 again, which is huge compliment in my book.   let's hope this continues during season 4...along with sarah being kick-ass, not a damsel in distress physically and emotionally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. spacewoman9:16 AM

    I probably should have added another rule:  "Emotionally resonant spies cannot be killed once.  The first time it doesn't take."  Bryce Larkin - twice. Orion - two or three times.  Daniel Shaw - dead once; still alive (and now Intersected).  I wonder what prison is going to hold him. 

    ReplyDelete
  3. Devin McCullen10:21 AM

    In Sepinwall's review, he mentioned a possible Mama Bartowski, who I think is the person Isaac is talking about. (Confirm/deny?) Although he brings it up as a casting possibility, not as whoever actually supplied the voice.

    Anyway, I really enjoyed the finale, probably more than I have most of the season.  One thing I liked that they did here at the end was having a recurring bad guy (Shaw's underling) over several episodes.  It's better for there to be some consistency in the enemies, as opposed to only this week's random guest star.

    ReplyDelete
  4. isaac_spaceman11:06 AM

    Devin - confirm.  And I agree with your reading that he brings it up as a possibility.  I could swear that that was the voice I heard when she said "yes." 

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenn.5:06 PM

    I was so very happy when the Hannah character turned out not to be a spy.  I was sure that she had to be one, given the typical rules of the show.

    I was actually saying to the boyfriend that I thought that the next step for Chuck was to focus on the bad guys.  Fulcrum and the Ring have been very amorphous throughout the show, but for the most point, it was okay, because we were focused on other Chuck questions.  Now that Chuck has a functioning intersect, is dating Sarah, etc., I do think that having a couple of defined, longer-term bad guys in this mini-season was an improvement, especially as they turned out to be more competent than the usual Chuck bad guy.  So... I want a defined, competent Big Bad for next season.  K, pls, thx?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nancy7:00 PM

    I thought immediately that Mama was Lynda Carter....

    ReplyDelete