Thursday, May 19, 2011

MAYBE THIS TIME, THEY WILL ACTUALLY FIND AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL: Upfronts come to an end with the CW, which seems to be doing thematic nights this year, with an all-Josh-Schwartz night on Monday (I give 3 weeks before the PTC's screaming leads to Gossip Girl moving to 9 and Hart of Dixie, which sounds like a throwback to WB days, headed to 8), an all-Kevin-Williamson night on Thursday, a genre night on Friday, and reality on Wednesday. The one exception is Tuesday, where 90212.0 (now with 100% fewer adults!) gets paired with Sarah Michelle Gellar thriller Ringer (tossed over the CW after CBS passed). As usual, I've aged out of the demo the CW is after, so they likely don't care that only Hart of Dixie realy interests me, though Ringer may get an episode or two to grab me.

7 comments:

  1. Announced at upfront--this will be the final season for One Tree Hill, in case anyone cared, and this and all future Top Model seasons will be "themed."  (Fall is "all-stars!")

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:42 PM

    I loved the Ringer pilot script - excited to see how it turned out.  And haven't watched Top Model in a few "cycles," but I'll definitely tune back in for All Stars...

    ReplyDelete
  3. bella wilfer1:55 PM

    that was me...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a B-show at best, but Nikita is my jam, and I'm pleased they're sticking with it -- and in the way-more-convenient Friday night slot, to boot. 

    ReplyDelete
  5. lauri2:19 PM

    i have so much goodwill for sarah michelle gellar from buffy, but man has her post-buffy work been painful to watch.  hopefully ringer will be worth it.  who knew that i would be back watching the CW?  

    ReplyDelete
  6. cagey2:39 PM

    I definitely agree that Nikita is a B-show, but I can't help be impressed with the budget given it.  Anyway, that is my fun, cheesecake show and I was happy to see that they renewed it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. isaac_spaceman3:16 PM

    I read somewhere about the Ringer idea -- to escape the mob, woman impersonates her twin, who is also wanted?  WTF?  Maybe the script was good, but Jesus, what a stupid idea. 

    ReplyDelete