Thursday, November 20, 2003

ALSO, I HATED 'POINT BREAK': Well, for the first time in what seems like a year I am unable to view full Salon content, because I am unwilling to watch the Hugh Jackman Oklahoma commercial for a third-straight day. Somehow I don't think this is what Salon had in mind. So I ask you: to what should we compare Hugh Jackman's career arc? Is there anybody else who has worked so hard to parlay his breakout role as a brooding tough in a blockbuster superhero action movie into an unconvincing romantic lead in a halfhearted romantic comedy that he used as a springboard to a PBS version of a Broadway musical? As if all Wolverine wanted to do was dance. And by the way, please don't say Patrick Swayze, because his brooding-tough breakout role was as a dance instructor, and because Road House just does not count.

No comments:

Post a Comment