Thursday, July 22, 2004

FRAMPTON COMES ALIVE IN AN INAPPROPRIATE PLACE: I've had a problem with the "trend" (mostly evident among young women) of having words on the back of pants/shorts for quite a while (examples here). Sweetie, just because it says "Hottie" on your rear doesn't make you a hottie. That's why I'd like to thank Peter Frampton. Frampton has sued a clothing manufacturer which is making "The Frampton Bikini." The bikini features Frampton's face "on the rear" and the phrase "Baby, I love your waves." It was apparently made without Frampton's consent. Honestly, though, do you want this on your rear? I don't think so.

Also, I must note the immortal exchange between Lorelai Gilmore (Lauren Graham) and her mother, Emily (Kelly Bishop) when Emily unexpectly comes for a visit to see Lorelai in her Juicy Couture jeans:

Emily: You have the word "Juicy" on your rear end.
Lorelai: Well, if I knew you were coming over, I would've changed.
Emily: Into what? A brassiere with the word "Tasty" on it?
Such a shame those two (and the writers) aren't nominated.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:13 AM

    It's interesting to see just how permeant memory has become in our lives. It seems like everywhere I turn, I see something with a card slot or USB port . I guess it makes sense though, considering how cheap memory has become lately...

    Ahhh... who am I to complain. I can't get through a day without using my R4 / R4i!

    (Posted by Nintendo DS running [url=http://does-the-r4-r4i-work-with-the-new-ds.onsugar.com/Does-R4i-R4-actually-work-7232282]R4i[/url] QDos)

    ReplyDelete