Thursday, March 10, 2005

TAKE OFF YOUR RAINBOW SHADES: Off to Arizona for 10 days or so, but given the myriad bloggers who make up the crack ALOTT5MA staff, I expect my absence--or at the very least diminished input--will hardly be noticed round these parts.

Any of you loyal ALOTT5MA fans in the greater Scottsdale area, you can recognize me as the guy playing a round of golf, watching the Cubs minor leaguers tussle with those of the Athletics for innings 3 to whenever I decide to cut my kids off on the stadium food and they realize they are at a baseball game and are bored, admiring the cacti, trying to decide which of the four books I brought to read before deciding to just tackle the Dan Rather profile in last week's New Yorker, thinking how we really should drive to the Grand Canyon but not making it much north of Sedona, craning my neck at every intersection trying to figure out if this is the right strip mall where my destination lay as I make another trip to buy something I forgot or overlooked or was too lazy to pack (baby shampoo, Legos and the like), trying to avoid chain restaurants and still ending up at the Cheesecake Factory at Kierland (though I do have Friday night reservations at Cowboy Ciao) and spending some quality time with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment