Wednesday, June 29, 2005

I'D WALK A MILLION MILES FOR ONE OF YOUR SMILES: Last I checked, we had ourselves a few fans of Alias, The O.C., Arrested Development, and Gilmore Girls. What do all of these shows have in common? Undoubtedly, they've got some of the best moms on TV. And not just the "dude, why can't you be my mom?" variations à la Lorelai Gilmore or Kirsten Cohen in the pre-raging alcoholic days. This article does a great job of touting the many virtues of Emily Gilmore, Julie Cooper-Nichol, Irina Derevko, and Lucille Bluth -- four not-so-nice mothers that make their respective shows worth TiVoing week after week. (It probably doesn't bode well for my offspring's future that all four of the shows mentioned are among my favorites. )

Emily v. Julie v. Irina v. Lucille: who ya got?

No comments:

Post a Comment