Sunday, February 26, 2006

I BELIEVE THIS MAY GIVE BILL SIMMONS A BONER: Deadspin reports that Peter Vecsey is reporting that Isiah Thomas may want the Indiana University coaching job. Writes Deadspin:
I don’t even know what to say. The thought of Isiah Thomas taking over one of college basketball’s most storied programs… it kinda makes me go numb. My brain just can’t connect the two. It’s just hard to figure how his skills would translate to the college game. Does he start offering scholarships to all the transfers who were cancers to other programs? If he offers a recruit $60 million over 4 years, will the NCAA let him off the hook if he says, “Sorry, old habits die hard”? Does he try to trade his promising freshmen to other teams for seniors with torn ACLs?

I hope this happens. I’m praying that this happens. And, I would imagine, so is every fan of every team in the Big 10 that is not Indiana.

No comments:

Post a Comment