Tuesday, February 21, 2006

I CAN ONLY SEE MYSELF SKATING AROUND THE TRUTH WHO I AM, BUT I KNOW, DAD, THE ICE IS GETTING THIN: Tonight, all the waiting ends, as this talented group of beautiful ladies finally hits the spotlight. Years of training and coaching went into this moment, but one false step, one bad decision could ruin it all. And after this brief performance is over, their fate is in the hands of a group of ornery, untouchable judges, whose reasoning can often be hard to decipher. Will the crowd's applause sway them? Or are they doomed to finish out of the running on Thursday?

I am referring, of course, to the conflict between the Olympic women's figure skating short program and the American Idol women's semifinals, both of which air tonight. What are you going to do about it?

This is my solution: as it happens, we're going to be out for dinner tonight, and I know that there's just no way I'll be able to avoid the results all day long anyway. So we'll TiVo and watch Idol tonight, then TiVo the skating during the overnight (NBC reairs its primetime coverage in the wee small hours of the morning) and watch it tomorrow. But I'm annoyed at Fox -- they could've postponed this week of performances to do profiles of the twenty-four semifinalists, and saved this round until next week. Oh well.

Predictions for both competitions are, of course, welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment