Friday, February 3, 2006

THE KINDNESS OF ALOTT5MA READERS: Two questions for you on a Friday. First, have any of you switched to Comcast for your phone service? I switched today from Trinsic and if what they say is right, besides the one month free, I should be saving over $70/month for my two lines. I'm getting unlimited local and long distance on two lines, plus all those features like call-waiting, 3-way, and literally a dozen other features for $39.95/month, plus unlimited calling for $10/month on the second line. I keep thinking there must be a catch. Please share any experiences you've had with them for phone service, good or bad, in the comments.

The other, deals with an old IMac I bought secondhand from my sister-in-law's school district for my kids to play games on. It is not booting, giving me the old folder with a question mark icon. I'm pretty sure I just need a Mac system disk to boot it from, but it came with no such disk. It's running system 9.x. Any Mac experts out there who can tell me where to find a disk or if that even sounds like the real problem?

No comments:

Post a Comment