Wednesday, March 8, 2006

DO YOU BELIEVE IN MIRACLES? OK, so maybe it wasn't Team USA beating the Russians, but the Best Picture victory by Crash over Brokeback Mountain definitely ranks up there with the top Oscar upsets. Here's a list of some of the other biggest Best Picture upsets.

And speaking of Best Picture, while I in no way think Crash deserved to win, I was happy at least that I had seen it in the theater. In looking over past winners, Chicago is the only Best Picture winner I haven't seen in the theater in about two decades. The last winner I first saw on VHS was 1986's Platoon and the last winner I have never seen was 1985's Out of Africa. In my lifetime (I was born way back in 1968), there are only four Best Picture winners I have never seen: Africa, Chariots of Fire, The Deer Hunter, and Patton.

No comments:

Post a Comment