Thursday, August 3, 2006

MORE THAN CURIOUSLY STRONG: Has anybody noticed that the Starbucks Peppermint After-Coffee Mints are like thermonuclear war in your mouth? Two of these mints -- which are about the size of the head of a carpet tack -- on your tongue at the same time is almost unbearable. Today I was trying to pour one into my mouth while driving, and I accidentally got a full whiff of the whole tin with my nose, and it was like boring through my sinuses with a 3/8-inch drill bit -- the last time I had that feeling I was inhaling over a bowl of Chinese spicy mustard. Just a public service, I guess.

By the way, is there a word to describe particularly strong peppermint? Since Peppermint is actually a cold feeling, "hot" and "spicy" don't really work.

Yeah, it's a slow news day for ALOTT5MA.

No comments:

Post a Comment