Monday, January 22, 2007

SHOULDN'T DR. YANG BE ABLE TO SMACK SOME SENSE INTO THE GUY? I assume that more than a few of you are following this whole bizarro Isaiah Washington dustup. Now that Washington has hired a crisis publicist -- as if the prior PR person had approved his use of The Word That May Have Killed Preston Burke -- and thus is busy scurrying around meeting with gay rights groups and examining the issues within his own soul, I'm curious as to how the rest of you are reacting to all the drama.

To me, this isn't really all that different from the Mel Gibson / Michael Richards outbursts except that, unlike the other two, Washington has an ongoing gig from which he can be fired. Firing Washington would seem to be a perfect example of biting off one's nose to spite one's face, and I hope that termination won't be the outcome. Not that I'm in favor of letting the congenitally stupid thrive and prosper (I mean, seriously -- denying something that tons of people witnessed, cavalierly employing the exact same offensive term in one's denial?), but I think it's pretty safe to say that if Washington is terminated, this year's Golden Globes will forever be known as the night Grey's Anatomy jumped a bundle of sticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment