Monday, February 5, 2007

THE LATE GREAT JOHN DUCEY '91: The best part of tonight's HIMYM for me wasn't the Sensory Deprivator 5000. It wasn't the five-year-old mafioso. It wasn't the wonderfully unpromoted guest star's appearance. It wasn't the solemn low five. And it wasn't even the prayer to the TiVo gods. The best part was the unexpected appearance of John Ducey in the role of Robin's co-anchor.

Who, you may ask, is John Ducey? Actually, that's not quite right. Who, you will ask, is John Ducey? John Ducey was a couple years ahead of me in college. He was active in theatre stuff in that "I Am Active in Theatre Stuff" kind of way, and following graduation, he headed off to LA to seek his fortune as an actor. And sixteen years later, he continues to seek his fortune as an actor in LA. I know this not because I was friends with the guy, but because about eight years ago, someone referred me to his website, which is just about the greatest chronicle I've ever seen of one man's efforts to make it big. (It's also an amazing display of what a little OCD and an internet connection can accomplish.)

Make sure you check out the timeline. And after you do, you too will be able to shout "Oh My God, that's John Ducey!" the next time he shows up on HIMYM (or Sabrina the Teen Witch or Party of Five or Wheel of Fortune).

No comments:

Post a Comment