Tuesday, May 1, 2007

I'LL BE YOUR BEST FRIEND. HOW 'BOUT I GIVE YOU FIVE BUCKS? WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL? IT'S JUST A BUS. PLEASE? I'LL BET YOUR MOM WOULD LET ME : Kim did the reading-recommendations post a week or so ago, but my rant about book sizes seems to have sparked a kids'-book recommendation threadjacking. As the thread makes clear, the kids have kids that love Mo Willems, author of the delightful Pigeon series, the new Piggie and Elephant early-reader series, and great little one-offs like Knuffle Bunny, Edwina: The Dinosaur Who Didn't Know She Was Extinct, Leonardo the Terrible Monster, and Time to Pee, a primer for the newly continent. May I also suggest, in the picture book categories, Leslie Patricelli's vibrantly-colored Yummy, Yucky, Quiet/Loud, and Big/Little, and Rob Scotton's beautifully-oiled Russell the Sheep? Though, for my money, there still are no more clever children's books than the Winnie-the-Pooh series.

What's in your low-rise bookshelf?

No comments:

Post a Comment