Tuesday, June 19, 2007

HUMBLED AND SHAMED: Humbled by the nice wishes and words from Adam below. (I didn't even remember my anniversary, which will come to no shock to my wife--I am still trying to live down a Mother's Day comment of "You're not my mother." I know, I know.)

Shamed, because I have been falling down on job of bringing you lists, so here's a little something to slake your thirst.
  • Premiere has a great look at 20 Movies Not Coming Soon to a Theater Near You, which includes the good news that I have more time to finally get past page 50 of Kavalier and Clay, plus updates on long stagnant projects like Dieter, Confederacy of Dunces, and AHWOSG. One complaint, I hate, hate the format of one item per page. (EW is often guilty of this Web sin, too.)
  • In case you were foolish enough to not watch 30 Rock this season, investing your time instead in that other show about a late-night comedy sketch program, Cracked whets your appetite for what may be the funniest show on TV with the show 10 Best Moments.
  • Karl Rove, the Fridge, and Fred Flintstone. It may sound like a Carnac bit, but in fact all three figure prominently on The Onion's AV Club's list of 13 Great Moments in the Co-Option of Hip-Hop. While you're at the AV Club, check out their First Annual Best Issue.
  • In the fun tradition of the excellent Kill Your Idols, several hipsters and musicians list for the Guardian Records They Gladly Never Hear Again. Especially amusing is Scritti Politti's Green Gartside take on the transcendent "Neon Bible" by Arcade Fire:
    "What I hear in Arcade Fire is an agglomeration of mannerisms, cliches and devices. I find it solidly unattractive, texturally nasty, a bit harmonically and melodically dull, bombastic and melodramatic, and the rhythms are pedestrian. It's monotonous in its textures and in the old-fashioned, nasty, clunky 80s rhythms and eighth-note basslines."
  • And back in the day when I started blogging about lists, I loved to randomly troll Google News for post ideas. In honor of that bygone practice, here news that Phoenix is again American's Sweatiest City, Johnny Depp looks good in a hat, it's expensive to live in Moscow, and it may be easier to get a last minute airplane ticket from Edmonton to Medicine Hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment