Thursday, August 2, 2007

DIDJA KNOW THAT SANDY COHEN WENT TO UC BARCLAY? I had a little free time in London yesterday, and decided to indulge in a little afternoon tea at my hotel. I hadn't realized how veddy chichi this particular tea was, but as you know if you ever read the side of a Manhattan bus, it's not in vogue until it's in Vogue. The hotel's own website actually doesn't include pictures of the loveliest of the delicious pastries, but you get the idea.

(Incidentally, can someone explain to me how it came to pass that the Berkeley Hotel is pronounced "the Barclay"? For years I have heard of the fabulous Barclay, but didn't realize that I was actually, you know, staying there, until one of the vast cadre of impeccably dressed doormen welcomed me to the Berkeley. Oopsie.)

No comments:

Post a Comment