Wednesday, December 5, 2007

I GOT A LOT OF PROBLEMS WITH YOU PEOPLE! Alan Sepinwall is already gathering suggestions for his "Festivus" list for television, in which he makes a list of things that have disappointed him in television this year. I suspect many of those would be echoed here (the wildly scattershot nature of Grey's, Addison's abrupt character shift on Private Practice), but let's open this up to broader popculture--films, books, music, video games, the Internet--what disappointed you this year? A few thoughts:
  • Pirates of The Carribbean 3, which just got way too bogged down in mystical mumbo jumbo to do what the first one did so effectively, which is just rawly entertain. (It was OK, but I was hoping for more.)
  • The Darjeeling Limited, which I'd hoped would be a return to form for Wes Anderson, but lacked real humor or heart.
  • I Am America (And So Can You)!, which demonstrates that tone doesn't come across well in print, and that Colbert is all tone.

Offer yours, but remember that Festivus isn't over till you pin me.

No comments:

Post a Comment