Tuesday, January 15, 2008

TEN THINGS: This meme's floating around and I don't feel like getting ready for work just yet. Here's a list of ten things I've done, that you probably haven't.

(1) Walked into a drug deal in Belize in the back of a ranger station (involving the ranger).

(2) Conned NASA into giving me VIP tickets for a space shuttle launch.

(3) Sat next to the King and Queen of Tonga on an airplane.

(4) Set type and printed my own customized lunch bags on a vintage letter press at the age of 6 (yes, nominally supervised, but my grandfather and a goodly helping of Jack Daniels).

(5) At the Bellagio, received four aces in a row in blackjack, splitting them into four hands. I lost on three, pushed on the fourth.

(6) Told a United States Senator he was in my chair and had to move (he was quite apologetic).

(7) Sent mail-order barbecue ribs to Mrs. Earthling well before I ever sent her flowers (I'm sure you didn't send Mrs. Earthling anything; I'm pretty sure you haven't sent pork as a sign of affection).

(8) Been to the top of four biggest free-standing domes in the world (US Capitol, St. Paul's, St. Peter's, the Duomo).

(9) Saw a car (a Datsun B-210, no less) get hit by a freight train while I was first in line at the crossing gates. She lived.

(10) Seen two total solar eclipses.

Note your own in comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment