Tuesday, April 15, 2008

TAX TIME, AIN'T NOTHING BUT A MESS: Special for you on April 15th, here are some of the best songs that mention taxes:
  • "Tax Man" by the Beatles
  • "Take the Money and Run" by the Steve Miller Band ("He makes his living off of other people's taxes")
  • "Trouble Man" by Marvin Gaye ("There's only 3 things for sure: Taxes, death and trouble")
  • "Third Degree" by Willie Dixon ("Got me accused of taxes; I ain't got a dime")
  • "Paisley Park" by Prince ("Memories die but taxes he'll still have 2 give")
  • "Can't Cry Anymore" by Sheryl Crow ("There's not enough to pay my taxes")
  • "Ideology" by Billy Bragg ("Expect a little more back for their taxes, like school books, beds in hospitals")
  • "Paradigm" by Ani DiFranco ("They were happy to pay taxes for the schools and roads")
  • "Play it Again Sam" by the Indigo Girls ("Well, we'll donate to our charities to deduct our future taxes")
  • "Cash Talkin' (Workingman's Blues)" by Albert Collins ("Tax time, ain't nothin' but a mess/Payin' Uncle Sam more an' I'm gettin' less")
  • "Ball of Confusion" by the Temptations ("Politicians say more taxes will solve everything")
  • "Gasoline Dreams" by Outkast ("But I still gotta pay my taxes and they give us no pity")
  • "Large Amounts" by Ludacris ("Cuz I'm sure I pay more in taxes then you made in your life")

No comments:

Post a Comment