Monday, April 21, 2008

THIS YDA MUST DIE: I am often teased for having a spreadsheet for every purpose. But even I have got nothing on the fabulous people over at What Not to Sing, who have undertaken a statistical analysis of the AI leadoff and pimp slots. Their conclusions: (1) Yup, going first sucks. (2) The pimp slot comes by its name honestly. (3) Seven has bona fide lucky number cred.

As for this week, we've got Andrew Lloyd Webber on tap. Here are my own thoughts and suggestions for the final six, but my ALW repertoire is limited. Feel free to go deep.

Carly. Should sing: Buenos Aires. Will sing: Don't Cry For Me Argentina. In any event, doesn't it have to be a Patti LuPone song?
Syesha. Will sing, although she should consider something else: Memory.
Clifford the Crunchy Muppet. Any Dream Will Do (unless he wrestles Memory from Syesha and gives ADWD to Brooke out of sympathy).
YDA. Should, maybe even must, sing: High Flying Adored. Will sing: Music of the Night.
Brooke. I Don't Know How to Love Him. (I guess. This might be a really bad week for Brookie.)
David Cook. Superstar. (But who knows with him at this point -- for all I know, he'll tackle Angel of Music.)

No comments:

Post a Comment