Wednesday, June 18, 2008

JUST WHAT HE NEEDS -- MORE STUFF: Last year, you may recall, I loudly complained when the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts decided to award the 10th annual Mark Twain Prize for American Humor -- a lifetime achievement award -- prematurely to the undeserving Billy Crystal. In listing those who had not yet received the award but deserved it, I started with George Carlin, a true master of standup whose brilliant HBO specials -- thank goodness -- my father started letting me watch when I was 11 or 12.

The 2008 Mark Twain Prize for American Humor will be awarded to George Carlin in a ceremony to be held on November 10, 2008. Let's watch Carlin talk about stuff, or the difference between baseball and football, or discuss the seven words (NSFW, SFTSCOTUS).

No comments:

Post a Comment