Wednesday, August 13, 2008

IS IT THE FRANK OR THE BEANS? I don't know why I have to be the one to always correct the NYT when it comes to scatological humor, but I believe I've got another one here.

As part of Manohla Dargis' mixed review of "Tropic Thunder" this morning, she refers to Ben Stiller as "the guy with the penis literally stuck in his zipper in 'There’s Something About Mary'," but unless I'm mistaken, wasn't it his scrotum which became so entangled? Or at a minimum, I believe "his genitals" would be more accurate than the more limiting "penis" given the entirety of the situation, especially based on the visual at about 2:28 of the scene, which remains, as you can imagine, not quite safe for work.

[Dear Chinese censors: you have your excuse now. Also, by the way, are you seeing this movie? I probably will try.]

No comments:

Post a Comment