Sunday, November 23, 2008

Phil Sheridan: Shame on Reid | Philadelphia Inquirer | 11/23/2008

MAN UP: Obviously, either the Reid era or the McNabb era -- and perhaps both -- will end in Philadelphia after this football season. When that time comes, I will be effusive in my praise of the decade of mostly-excellence that they provided, including a run of six playoff appearances (and four straight conference championship games) in seven years. Everything short of a Super Bowl win, they delivered.

Tonight, however, I'm a bit disgusted. Coach, if you're going to bench your quarterback of the past ten years for performance -- for the first time! -- at halftime of a game you're only losing by three points, then for heaven's sake, you need to tell him yourself. Don't turf that one to an assistant. Ugh.

As for what I want for next season, right now I'm leaning towards keeping McNabb for one more year -- assuming his mechanics are fixable -- but with a new coach from outside the organization. I think we've reached the limits of what Andy Reid can teach the members of this team, and it's time for him to move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment