Thursday, March 5, 2009

HOW ABOUT A DRINK? YOU KNOW? A DRINK: Since the opposite of love is not hate, but indifference, I finally forced myself to watch Indiana Jones IV.

And I must say, I didn't think any of the implausibilities bothered me. Aliens. Flesh-eating ants. Even the Nuking the Fridge bit was no stupider than most action movie stunt sequences. The unforgivable crime, here, was that I couldn't be made to care: if Hitler got the Arc of the Covenant, he wouldn't have needed so many Stukas to roll over all that is good and decent in the world. Okay, there we had a story. It mattered what happened. Here, Indiana Jones was the only thing which stood between the Soviet Union and control of the Psychic Friends Network.

Great to see Karen Allen again. Otherwise, what a waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment