Monday, May 18, 2009

HAPPY FEET: My BFF Nigel Lythgoe informs me of two interesting SYTYCD developments. First, Wade Robson is choreographing (although apparently not judging, which is fine by me) this season. He, Mia Michaels, and Shane Sparks will all be choreographing for the first studio show. Second, it looks like Fox is calling SYTYCD up to the bigs -- although scheduling hasn't been officially announced, SYTYCD's sixth season is likely to be an anchor for Fox's fall schedule. Which explains why they're already casting Season 6 before Season 5 has aired a single episode.

On the one hand, I love the idea of one of my favorite shows having become so popular that it warrants this kind of treatment. But then again, summertime is SYTYCD time, and will we enjoy Cat and the gang quite as much when they're up against all the fall premieres? Time will tell. Ultimately, I think I vote yay, with some minor reservations.

Three more days!

Edited to add: The move is official – SYTYCD will air Tuesday and Wednesday nights. (Dollars to donuts Nigel can bring his shows in on time, unlike the yahoos who took over his little singing show.) I’ve decided this is a smart move – Tuesday and Wednesday nights belong to Fox Reality TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment