Tuesday, June 2, 2009

WHERE WE BELONG, ON THE ROOF, WITH PEOPLE, IN ARMS, SHIT CREEK WITHOUT A PADDLE: The Spacefamily caught Up this weekend, and I have to say, it's my favorite movie of all time starring Ed Asner. As I mentioned before, I had some hesitation -- a fish-out-of-water story set in the jungle seems like a well-ploughed field -- but I enjoyed it. Some of what Pixar does best is taking an old joke, say a talking dog or three, and making a fresh approach to it. So while some of the symbolism was a bit heavy, pun intended (his house is his past, and he's dragging it around, see?), the gags were on-target, the danger compelling, and the pace brisk once the house came unmoored.

And yet, a caution to those with young children: the movie begins with a death, the dogs are pretty scary, and the climactic fight scene is violent and ends violently. Bonus fright for those of us with acrophobia.

No comments:

Post a Comment