Friday, April 23, 2010

MY BULLSHIT DETECTOR IS ON HIGH ALERT: If it were indeed true that Comedy Central's bleeping of last night's South Park episode included Kyle's final speech about intimidation and fear and all the references to Muhammad and that it wasn't all some big meta-joke on Trey Parker and Matt Stone's part, then why haven't they released the full script of the episode publicly? Why would that even make sense from Comedy Central's perspective? That said, at some point on Thursday they did take down from their website the Super Best Friends clips depicting Muhammad (which I almost posted this morning), so who knows?

Longtime fans of this site know what pleased me about that episode, of course.

5 comments:

  1. girard315:17 AM

    As a fan of "South Park", I admire Stone and Parker for taking on the Islamic bullies. That being said, I find the Jesus, Buddha and Muhammed episodes unfunny. It's much funnier when they're poking fun at pop culture crap like "Twilight" and facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obviously, the Tenorman stuff cured every flaw for me.  I admire the show for taking a stand on the Muhammad/censorship stuff, but this episode and the subsequent controversy felt a bit off and self-serving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrew11:38 AM

    I can't imagine that the words that were bleeped out were any funnier than the bleeping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Comedy Central: the network that speaks truth to power.  Well, sometimes.<span> </span>

    ReplyDelete
  5. If Parker and Stone are really pissed off at their network, then I suspect the next episode will feature lots of Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert.

    I'm picturing Stewart and Colbert running around farting on each other Terrance and Phillip style...

    ReplyDelete