The 25-word Championship Word List has not always been with us. Until 1999, all spelling in the NationalSpelling Bee was from a single list. Here is a quiz about the Championship Word List:And let's bring in Kennyi Aouad.
1. The 25th word has never been reached. What is the farthest the spellers have ever gone on the list to determine a winner (number of words)?
2. Who is the only pre-seventh grader to spell from the list?
3. Who is the only speller to spell from the CWL twice?
4. Who are the only siblings to spell from the list?
5. Who is the only speller to miss a word on the CWL and come back to win (because his or her opponent also missed)?