Tuesday, July 6, 2010

KNOCK KNOCK. WHO'S THERE? INTERRUPTING VIENNA. STOP INTERRUPTING ME! There's good trainwreck tv -- I'm thinking of the night that Clifford the Crunchy Muppet sang his way out of Idol -- and then there's the kind of trainwreck that makes you wish you didn't own a television and could erase the ugliness from your memories. Last night's Bachelorette was the latter, as James Poniewozik explains. ("It was as fascinating, as tedious and then as get-me-out-of-here awkward as being dragged into the middle of any fight between two strangers.")

2 comments:

  1. girard312:15 PM

    What was he thinking to even show up on that show? He hadn't nothing to gain and wound up looking like a douche. Cringeworthy TV at it best/worst.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awkward! Even though I didn't want to see/hear it, I couldn't seem to change the channel during this "interview."

    It was really tough to tell who was more irritating and who was lying, but I have to say, even with all the crying and interrupting, I think I'm giving my sympathy (as much as I can muster for a couple of fame whores) to Vienna. I didn't watch the Bachelor, so I watched the interview with minimal bias. She seems really immature but he definitely seems like he has some control issues. Creepy!

    Slightly off-topic, re: this season of The Bachelorette, I'm pulling for funny/nerdy Chris from Cape Cod or super-hot Roberto. I predict Ali chooses neither of these guys since she's probably just doing the show for the publicity.

    ReplyDelete