Tuesday, July 13, 2010

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS: For those in NYC (or willing to travel to NYC), the fine folks at the Big Quiz Thing (seriously, the best bar trivia I've ever been to) are sponsoring a smackdown of trivial proportions--Teams of 4, $100 entry, and a shot at $1,000, an actual trophy, and fame and glory forevermore. My regular team will be competing, but I have a feeling that we have other Thing Throwers who'd be formidable, and in the words of Ric Flair--to be the man, you gotta beat the man.

7 comments:

  1. Paul Tabachneck2:37 PM

    I'd totally pitch in, but I have a running Monday gig in Astoria these days.  If it ends its run, can I jump on your team?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paul Tabachneck2:38 PM

    Never mind, just read up on the rules.  4 people per team.  Gotcha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joseph J. Finn4:48 PM

    And I'll just note, since I have the opportunity to brag a little, that my Team Trivia team (The Fighting Kubricks!) is 13th in our Chicago league and going to the playoffs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. J. Bowman5:55 PM

    Ooh, my share of $1000 would almost cover a trip to NYC. If it was 10 grand, I'd totally be there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy6:26 PM

    OMG, I would so rule at this. Why don't these events happen in Ohio?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heather K8:45 PM

    where do you play?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd be in if someone wanted to form another team!

    ReplyDelete