Wednesday, September 14, 2011

SEPTEMBER 13TH, 8PM, EASTERN DAYLIGHT TIME, FROM HERE ON IN I SHOOT WITHOUT A SCRIPT: Tell me I wasn't the only one getting a very Mark Cohen vibe out of John (No-E) Cochran of Harvard Law School on Survivor, and while fellow Crimsons Victor and Tammy Jih won the Race back in the day I'm feeling he's got no better chance of thriving on this show than did Justin Deabler back on Real World Hawaii (or David Otunga on I Love New York 2, which admittedly I didn't watch, but I do know his career has improved).

[Also, who knew "Russell Hantz's Nephew" was a permissible occupation on the chyron?]

There is not much to say yet about this new season; we seem to have a gregarious set of narrators, but it's too soon to see if they know how to play the game in an interesting way.  Coach and Ozzy are not people I needed to see again, but I'm not annoyed yet.  Fienberg's pleased as well.

4 comments:

  1. Adam C.1:40 AM

    Count me as not annoyed yet either, but we'd better see some personalities develop among the newbies, because the Coach and Ozzy shtick is likely to get tired very quickly. 

    While we're talking chyron occupations, I got a chuckle from "Lingerie Football Player."  But I actually think Mikayla could be a strong contender based on what we saw from her in the premiere.  And I'm really curious about the over/under on when Russell Hantz's Nephew takes off his shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bella wilfer2:12 PM

    Agree with Adam C - how is Lil Hantz not going to have to take his shirt off at some point?  And with many casts of Survivors, I'd say "whatever, they're all recruited anyway, they won't know Russell's last name is Hantz," but this cast (impressively) seems to be made up mostly of real fans.  Maybe the up-side to having previous Survivors on the show is that casting wants to make sure the other contestants know who they are...

    Very excited - feels like a good season to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. bella wilfer2:12 PM

    PS - thank you for the thread!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adam C.4:26 PM

    So....only three of us watching, besides the professional TV critics?

    ReplyDelete