Saturday, October 22, 2011

SUPERSEDING ALL REGGAE COVERS OF NON-REGGAE TOP-40 SONGS: The country version of "Tainted Love"* that I heard in Starbucks this morning** is [Chris Traeger voice] lit-rally*** the worst thing that I have ever heard in my life or in any of the prior lives that some religions believe that I have had.

*Not that a country version has to be terrible. See, e.g., this Ali Dee**** country-bluegrass version.*****

**For all I know, the version I heard was Ali Dee. It was not, however, the Ali Dee version linked above.

***Not literally.

****Country artist Ali Dee, not rap artist Ali Dee.

*****And I feel like I need to say that this isn't really my style, except that I like the little bit of rockabilly sprinkled in in the middle, when the band comes in with the chanting and stuff.

2 comments: