Tuesday, June 12, 2012

THEY DON'T WANT TO LOSE A DRILL, DON'T WANT TO LOSE A SHOOTING GAME, DON'T WANT TO LOSE ANYTHING:  The oral history of the 1992 Dream Team which Bill Simmons wishes he had written. From Branford Marsalis (of all people):
I saw a lot of the guys around the hotel. I saw Jordan sitting watching Angola on tape, just staring, looking for weaknesses. I said, "I don't even want to bother you, but why are you watching this game?" And he said, "I always take my opponent seriously. I never underestimate anyone." It wasn't lost on me that he was the only guy watching the game.

2 comments:

  1. Chuck9:46 AM

    I loved Magic's line about his shoes. 

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Pathetic Earthling10:37 AM

    I recall the Grateful Dead got wind that the 1992 Lithuanian basketball team had a couple of Deadheads on their team, so the band sponsored tie-dye warm ups for the team.  And that Lithuanian won the bronze.

    http://www.sfgate.com/sf/deadshirts.html

    ReplyDelete