Tuesday, March 1, 2005

IT WAS A DARK AND STORMY NIGHT: Don't forget that the April 15 deadline for the 2005 Bulwer-Lytton fiction contest is fast approaching. Don't just read about the winners in six months, get out your most cringe-worthy allusions and make a play for it. I've got a good one in the works. Oh, sure, some day I might win the Nobel Peace Prize or a MacArthur Grant or $10 on a California Lottery Double-Down Scratcher, but if I ever manage a win in Bulwer-Lytton, I'll die a happy man.

Speaking of dark and stormy, Mrs. Earthling was good enough to make me a Dark and Stormy, one of my favorite cocktails. Take a highball and fill it with ice. Add a jigger of dark rum, a good measure of a very sharp ginger beer (Stewart's does the trick), and a splash of key lime juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment