Monday, July 11, 2005

NEED THEM TONIGHT? Who Wants To Replace That Guy Who Hung Himself debuts with the first of its thirty-nine (?) episodes tonight. The Boston Globe chatted up some music industry veterans for their thoughts:
Ed Valauskas, bassist: ''Bums me out. If Hutchence had simply been kicked out of the band, I could see a gimmick like this. But the guy hung himself. Plus, even though the TV thing worked well for Ozzie, he's a compelling personality. Is their saxophone guy that incredible a character? I doubt it."

Michael Creamer, artist manager: ''Truly morbid. I don't understand why the guys in the band would want to do it. Maybe to bring more attention to the group, but the concept is just bizarre. Nirvana went nowhere after Kurt Cobain died, and these guys aren't exactly Nirvana."

Yeah. When the president of the Trump Taj Mahal died in a helicopter crash a few years ago, not even Donald Trump would use that as the occasion to launch his reality tv competition. I think I'll pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment