Thursday, April 27, 2006

ALL WE NEED IS A DRUMMER? Yeah, that was me dancing last night on the stage of Philly's World Cafe Live at WXPN's dance party celebration. It was a terrific event. On the way home, my wife and I pondered a question that I suspect the readers of this blog might be inclined to answer -- why don't people go out dancing more often?

Is it possible to dance and not end up feeling happy? Given my love of athletic activities and music, dancing is the perfect synthesis.

Amy and I go out dancing about twice a month, which I suspect is above average. But I think back to my days in college and the first few post-college years when I would go dancing about twice a week. Now, it seems I spend way more time making clever conversation at dinner parties and cocktail parties. Clever conversation is swell, but it's a poor substitute for dancing.

No comments:

Post a Comment