Wednesday, November 29, 2006

COMING TOMORROW, ASCAP'S LIST OF THE TWO MOST PLAYED CHANUKAH SONGS: ASCAP has compiled a list of the Top 25 most performed holiday songs for the past five years, based on performance data tracked by radio airplay, just in time for me to sit in a Starbucks this morning under a speaker blaring holiday music at Spinal Tap-esque volume (come back, Norah Jones, all is forgiven. As an aside, my daughter and I sat next to Harold Ramis in said coffee shop--I know, but this is Highland Park, Ill., not Malibu).

The most interesting aspect of the list is that it includes the most popular performer for each of the standards. While you expect to see Nat King Cole's version of "The Christmas Song" and Bing Crosby's "White Christmas" (sorry Billy Idol), I was surprised The Pretenders' "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas," Eurythmics' "Winter Wonderland" and The Boss' "Santa Claus Is Coming to Town" were so popular.

Link via Eric Zorn.

No comments:

Post a Comment