Friday, January 12, 2007

ALAS, POOR LIZARDBREATH: For those who follow such things, it looks like Elizabeth Patterson has now been cheated on for a second time.

I've only recently started following the strip again (hurrah for the internet!) after a couple of significant hiatuses (hiatusot?). There's something very grounding about following the adventures of a family that I've known for almost as long as I've known my own family. The fire at Michael and Deanna's on Christmas Eve scored some actual tears.

Sadly, it looks like the story will start moving sideways rather than forward in a few months. As Lynn Johnston put it: "No people will grow older. No dogs will grow older and pass away." Not that Johnston doesn't deserve a break after 27 1/2 years, but I'm still allowed to be bummed.

No comments:

Post a Comment