Monday, January 8, 2007

THIS SONG IS RATED R - DISCUSSION OF PANTIES DROPPING AND CHERRIES POPPING IS NOT APPROPRIATE FOR PRESCHOOL: I can't think of the last time a new pop song really caught my attention -- as regular readers know, music post-1994 or so is not my thing-- but I am loving Christina Aguilera's Candyman. Seriously -- the Andrews sisters with raunchy lyrics? Fabulous. Ok, so there's a few too many of Aguilera's usual yea-ee-aa-ee-aa-ee-aas, but I can forgive those when the song is this catchy. It actually took me a couple listens to get past the fun boppiness and realize that perhaps this was not appropriate for the dancing-with-the-three-year-old songlist.

I also approve of Aguilera's blonde bombshell mien -- so much better than her previous phases of high skank. I always thought of her as low-rent Britney, but oh, how the tables have turned.

If you haven't heard Candyman yet, go watch one of the many performance clips on youtube. (Sadly, my office recently blocked all access to youtube because of "inappropriate usage" -- we all know what the Internet is for -- so I can't refer you to a particular clip, but there are many.)

No comments:

Post a Comment