- In high school, I was president of the David Letterman Fan Club, an officially recognized student group. Our only activity was to meet once and awhile after school in the library to watch a video tape of a recent episode. I have no memory of the club ever doing anything beyond that.
- The NY Daily News has a lame list of Dave's Top 10 Shows that includes only a single episode from the far, far superior NBC era (the Sonny and Cher reunion).
- Entertainment Weekly's Whitney Pastorek recalls her brush with fame and how she subsequently got banned from the audience.
- Bill Murray is tonight's guest, just as he was 25 years ago. Cue the Olivia Newton John music.
- It's nice that Dave's hometown of Indianapolis will at least have one thing celebrate this week.
- Dave's first post-9/11 show was quite simply captivating.
- I still can't phantom why people voluntarily watch Jay Leno rather than him.
- Two words: Chris Elliot.
- YouTube appears to be down right now, so I can't link to some of the great musical performances from the show over the years, but the one that always stands out is a shy and shaggy haired Michael Stipe belting out "South Central Rain" from 1983.
- Who knows what other surprises are in store for tonight? Gruff-but-lovable Gus, anyone?
Thursday, February 1, 2007
TOP TEN REASONS WHY WE SHOULD NOTE TODAY MARKS 25 YEARS OF DAVID LETTERMAN ON LATE NIGHT TV:
Posted by AlexG at 8:10 PM