Thursday, May 3, 2007

HAVING MADE THE WORLD SAFE FOR FAST-TALKING WOMEN, IT'S TIME TO MOVE ON: Not entirely surprisingly, Gilmore Girls will not be back in the fall.

The CW statement, released this morning, promised to "give the series the sendoff it deserves." Given that the final episode will air on May 15 and presumably has been in the can for some time, I'm wondering what kind of appropriate sendoff can be engineered over the course of the next 12 days.

Matt and I will presumably duel for the right to say goodbye to Lorelei, Rory, and the other denizens of Stars Hollow in a more appropriate fashion, but for now, I guess I'll just take that coffee to go. And maybe a pop-tart. And some Mallomars. And, oh, I love the cheese fries, too. The cheese fries are really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment