Tuesday, May 1, 2007

YES, I KNOW, BUT I WROTE THE "NO POLITICS ON THIS BLOG" RULE, AND THIS IS AN EXCEPTION, SOMEHOW: Okay, gang, here's the early heads-up because I know some will be interested: I've been involved in putting together a big rally for Barack Obama that's going to take place on Tuesday, May 22 at the Electric Factory in Philadelphia. Tickets start a shockingly low $25 for students, $50 for the rest of us, and I'll point you to this post on Young Philly Politics for the rest of the details.

Token effort at a germane hook: preceding this event at the Factory? Elvis Costello. Three days later? Insane Clown Posse.

e.t.a. actual pop culture hook: Battle of the theme songs! "Open Letter to Obama", by Chinese-American rapper Jin, vs. the old-school Bud Billiken Day theme from 2004.

No comments:

Post a Comment