Tuesday, December 29, 2009

"I'M JUST BORED TO DEATH AND UNIMPRESSED WITH HOLLYWOOD AND OUR COUNTRY": Bitter, party of one, your table is now ready. Good evening, Gallagher.

Among the things for which the 2003 California gubernatorial candidate takes credit in this week's AV Club interview? "I was the first one to allow a projectile to come off of the stage and into the audience. And I kind of take responsibility for the mosh pit. Major amusement parks now have splash rides—you don’t even have to be a participant in the ride to get splashed, you can be on a bridge." Also, includes YouTubage of the comic going Jamie Foxx-on-Doug Williams (okay, not as good as Foxx was, of course) on one of his opening acts. [Pretty much every link here is NSFW.]

8 comments:

  1. I kind of appreciated cranky Gallagher. And he was right about opening acts.

    *This Echo comment system is reminding me of that opening act*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm relieved that Echo managed to elaborate the single-click, single screen, comment system of Haloscan into this danceable three-click, three-screen, time waster.  So much more to do!  Without accomplishing anything extra!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, tell us how you really feel, Gallagher.  Or should I say, Senor Crankypants.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adam C.12:53 PM

    Out of curiosity (because I do not understand the behind-the-scenes relevance, if any), is there some benefit that redounds to blogs from these additional clicks to get to the comments?  Is any such benefit large enough to outweigh the rather obvious downside of making it harder to comment?  I'm just not getting why js-kit would make this a feature of Echo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haloscan's service has been discontinued.  This was the easiest for transition purposes we've found thus far.  There is apparently a way to get us back to single click for comments--Atrios just did the same sort of transition, but we're still working through it--your patience is appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What? I have the main screen, click on comments, type my comment in, hit Publish and I'm done. Same as before with just a different look. Where is this three click thing coming from>

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adam C.1:30 PM

    Matt - didn't mean that to be a swipe at you guys, who I know are working hard on this for all of us, and I do understand why Echo was the best of probably not many choices in the aftermath of JS-kit's decision to discontinue Haloscan.  Just trying to understand why JS-kit would want to make Echo work in this particular way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lurker David3:02 PM

    And a big thank you to all who are working on the transition.  I know change is both scary and difficult, but I really appreciate all the work you all do on this blog.  It is my favorite stop of the day, and I look forward to continuing to stop by as long as it is here.

    ReplyDelete