Saturday, July 14, 2012

WHY DON'T YOU MAKE MORE MOVIES?  That's the first thing President Obama said to Michael Keaton when they met, and when you read this lengthy interview the latter did with Grantland I imagine you'll  wonder that yourself. (I continue to wait for Johnny Dangerously II: The Danger Within.)  Favorite detail in the piece is that J.J. Abrams tried to get him to sign up for Lost to play Jack Shepherd, back when the plan was to kill Jack in the pilot episode, post-crash, and really unsettle the audience.

9 comments:

  1. Joseph J. Finn1:09 AM

    Fun, fun interview and my god you have to read it to get to the video, which is great on a variety of levels.  (Sadly, no mention in the interview of Game 6.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. bill.8:18 AM

    The Bazooka Joe routine is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:31 PM

    I wish Michael Keaton made more movies, too. He's an actor that it always makes me happy to see show up onscreen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. J. Bowman9:44 PM

    Totally. As my father-in-law would say, "I like him in stuff."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joseph J. Finn10:01 PM

    Mr. Mom, still a really dependable (dated) comedy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meghan10:35 PM

    Man, I love Michael Keaton.  Not only do I wish he'd make more movies, I wish he'd come over to my house for dinner one night.  His stories in this were great.  I also love that he backtracked on Padma's being private by saying, "Padma's not afraid of attention." 

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Guest" here was me - I second your Mr. Mom love.

    And "My Life" is a blatant, blatant tearjerker but he still managed to break my heart in it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great interview. I third (fourth? fifth?) the Michael Keaton love. The President asked him exactly the right question. 

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mr. Mom remains funny, and my love for The Paper cannot be denied. Also, for me, Keaton remains the one true Batman.

    ReplyDelete