Tuesday, July 30, 2013

SEYMOUR, SHE'S GOING TO BE BIGGER THAN OLIVIA NEWTON-JOHN!  A brief oral history of the making of Madonna's first album, released thirty years ago this week. A representative excerpt:
She came by on that Monday and played me that demo. It wasn't amazing. But this girl sitting in my office was just radiating star power. I asked her, "What are you looking for in this?" I always ask that, and the wrong answer is "I want to get my art out," because this is a business. And Madonna's answer was, "I want to rule the world." 

1 comment:

  1. there's Maggie Estep's spoken word/routine thing about how after a bad haircut she becomes a stripper and attempts to decipher the meaning behind Madonna's Borderline. Bad Day at the Beauty Salon. probable NSFW language

    ReplyDelete